The Dunross PTA was re-established in 1995. The management committee comprises the principal, 9 officers, as well as 4 standing committee chairpersons elected at the Annual General Meeting.
The DPTA aims to:
- Promote interest in the aims, methods and contents of modern education to better assist in the total development of the child (academically, creatively, emotionally, morally, physically, socially and spiritually)
- Be informed and involved in school activities
- Promote closer co-operation among parents or guardians, teachers and pupils
- Foster discipline in the home, school and community
- Assist in the development of the child as a responsible citizen
- Provide the school with financial assistance as appropriate.
Any parent who is a member of the Dunross Co-Operative Society can be nominated for election.